For many people, artificial intelligence still evokes images of sci-fi thrillers. Although the stigma is still prevalent in contemporary movies, in the real world, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has evolved and has been adopted by many businesses today.
AI technology has revolutionized how businesses proactively engage with customers and provide them with more services in less time. Today, AI-powered technologies are utilized across industries, like healthcare, sales, HR, operations, manufacturing, marketing, and, of course, technology.
The possibilities for leveraging AI are boundless. Some commonly discussed use cases for AI include self-driving cars and other autonomous technology, the Internet of Things (IoT), medical diagnosis, robotic assistance in manufacturing, and so much more.
However, it is crucial to understand that to integrate AI and Machine Learning (ML) into businesses, the business workforce must be able and equipped to utilize the technology. Hence, this blog will explore how enterprises use AI, its future, and its benefits.
How are businesses today utilizing the power of AI?
As mentioned earlier, AI can be used for various business applications to enhance efficiency, streamline workflows, and boost overall productivity. This section will discuss how artificial intelligence is used in businesses today.
- AI can tailor and personalize a customer’s experience by analyzing previous purchasing trends and interests. This enables AI technology to provide customers with product recommendations. We see this in the following situations:
- Businesses use social media platforms to determine the content, products, and services customers might want to see.
- Tech giants like Amazon, Google, Apple, and several others, use natural language processing to allow users to communicate with their devices.
- Media streaming platforms like Netflix, Spotify, and Amazon, as well as others, use the power of AI to customize the customer experience and provide them with listening or viewing recommendations based on their previous online activities.
- Business processes now utilize artificial intelligence to automate their operations through robotic process automation, or RPA. RPA is used by several leading companies like Deloitte, IBM, Microsoft, and several other companies.
- The customer purchasing journey is no longer what it was. Now, most businesses use online research and have advanced so much that they offer contactless options. Many companies are embracing artificial intelligence to simplify customer service in the face of e-commerce trends, such as hyper-personalization, comparison shopping, and ease of purchase. Various AI-based solutions are often used to enhance customer experiences, from chatbots to multi-channel experiences.
- Large companies of repute are using AI-powered technologies to boost manufacturing processes to deliver more products in the least amount of time.
- Data analysis is one of the most common applications of AI today. Several companies use predictive analytics to perform tasks based on information that has been analyzed and processed. This data can include an individual’s home address, maps, calendar entries, and more.
- AI can locate holes within a computer system’s network defenses and recognize cyber threats by monitoring patterns from data inputs. Once AI detects the threat, it backtracks through your data input to find the root of the danger to prevent future attacks. This helps preserve your data and infrastructure.
- Managing customer relationships is now made easy with the help of AI-powered customer relationship management (CRM) systems. These systems self-update without human intervention and keep you in the loop by staying current and accurate.
Business benefits of AI
AI provides users, across industries, with significant benefits. These include:
- Operational tasks can be automated using AI, freeing business leaders and employees and enabling them to work on more complex tasks requiring creativity.
- Businesses can save considerable salaries and increase revenue by using AI technology to complete tasks such as data analysis, which takes human resources many hours to complete.
- Humans are likely to produce errors. The increased accuracy of data analytics can be attributed to data science, even if humans are still required to provide information and understand nuanced situations.
- AI can process large data sets and historical data in a matter of seconds to predict accurate future outcomes and market shifts, enabling business leaders to make better, more informed decisions.
What does AI mean for the worker?
There is an unending debate about whether AI would render humans useless and force them out of work. Some experts strongly believe that in no time, most human processes will be automated and cause widespread unemployment. In contrast, others believe that it is a problem for the future.
There are some trends, though, that we can expect to see. New startups and numerous business and consumer applications will emerge due to this technology, with some jobs being displaced and new ones being created entirely.
What is the future of AI?
In the upcoming years, we should expect the following AI trends:
- Music and movies created with artificial intelligence by entertainment companies
- Factories that are fully automated and that do not require human intervention or supervision
- Several applications of artificial intelligence include generating quality training data for itself, minimizing bias and data scarcity, and many others.
For the first time, artificial intelligence will allow humans to design their future.
For these reasons, AI is highly valuable in industries across the board – simply helping staff and visitors navigate a corporate campus efficiently or monitoring a wind turbine to predict when maintenance is due.
We at Onpassive Digital are work towards making Data Analytics and Big Data available to all the businesses and help them in achieving their maximum reach and realizing goals.